Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what I am looking to do. Do you happen to know how that shop run a cabled from the battery to the amp? I could not find the hole to run it thru :(
Thanks.
Hey. I just picked up a 2019 and installing an amp and sub. Maybe I can get some help too.

Too answer the power wire. There is a drain hose just to the right of the gas peddle. (remove the plastic panel) That's where I ran mine through.
I am now having issues trying to tap into the rear speakers to attach RCA cables. Any help on that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I bought a 2018 4 months after they released them here in the states and that night I brought it home I replaced the door speakers and installed a 2 12s the back. It's a pretty cut and dry install only thing I need to make was new speaker brackets for the door which was simple too . Now when it comes to the radio being swapped out. Is there a reason why you want it swapped? I personally don't think there is a need to swap out the radio just spend the money on a good line output
converter so you can adjust it to make sure you get proper signal voltage and it gives you the outputs to run a lows amp as well as an amp for your mids and highs. The pic attached is about the 5th different setup she'd had she is being built for big numbers. The best she's done is 148.7 decibels at 42hz on a single 18.I own and audio company so it's fun to swap out equipment every other month to try new things. If y'all have any questions feel free to send them my way I possibly may start making and selling speaker brackets for the doors also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey. I just picked up a 2019 and installing an amp and sub. Maybe I can get some help too.

Too answer the power wire. There is a drain hose just to the right of the gas peddle. (remove the plastic panel) That's where I ran mine through.
I am now having issues trying to tap into the rear speakers to attach RCA cables. Any help on that would be appreciated.
Pull the lower b-pillar panel and get signal from the rear speaker wires there for the RCA signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually i did upgrade my speakers, or maybe i should say system. I originally emailed Mitsubishi if they would for me, but they wouldn't. So i found a local spot, that does it. I added a mono rockford amp, and 12 inch rockford subwoofer, but kept the stock speakers. To be honest, im blown away. The bass is quite incredible. Turning it to max, you feel it in your chest.

The best news was that the guy did not have to take apart dashboard to connect to the stock system, which i was worried about. Definitely worth upgrading. Cost me around 800$ in canada. I can post pics if anyone would like.
converter? Didctheccatch thecsignal for your hi low converter? I very looked everywhere no answers, please help me out

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed a rockville rockghost spare tire subwoofer and kept the stock speakers, my car rocks like no other now and no space was taken up since the sub is inside of the spare tire. Worth it!

2020 Mitsubishi Eclipse cross LE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Correct, everything is stock except for the subwoofer itself, simple upgrade but it really adds some umph to the sound. Just don't expect to blow up any windows lol.

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
I had the the 710W Rockford Fosgate sound system in my 2011 Outlander, so I stuck with the same for my EC

| Rockford Fosgate ® Although the subwoofer in the cross doesn't seem to have a deep a punch as the Outlander did. Maybe it's just the acoustics of the bigger cargo area in the Outlander. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually i did upgrade my speakers, or maybe i should say system. I originally emailed Mitsubishi if they would for me, but they wouldn't. So i found a local spot, that does it. I added a mono rockford amp, and 12 inch rockford subwoofer, but kept the stock speakers. To be honest, im blown away. The bass is quite incredible. Turning it to max, you feel it in your chest.

The best news was that the guy did not have to take apart dashboard to connect to the stock system, which i was worried about. Definitely worth upgrading. Cost me around 800$ in canada. I can post pics if anyone would like.

Hi can you tell me how they did it? Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you haven't got help yet you can contact me thru my company pages on Facebook or Instagram @Snackboxsounds we wouldn't have any issues helping you out we've done tons of audio upgrades to our shop eclipse Cross
Hey @Snaxboxsounds I could use your help, im trying to install amp & sub to 2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross stock radio w/o premium sound. Just wanted to know where or how to use the RCA cables. I mean, do we splice to rear speakers??? Please help, thank you.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts