Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, since EC is still pretty new in the market, the accessories available are limited. Please do share if you managed to find EC's accessories online.

Here's what I planned to buy once I collected my EC:

1) Door scuff platings with the words "Eclipse Cross"
2) Boot scuff plating
3) Ralliart badge for the front grill and sticker for the rear
4) Chrome door handlebar cover
5) Electronic Tailgate

I am planning to get most of the stuff from Taobao. :grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm going with a very slight performance boost with a CAI, and an ECU tune to get more out of the turbo when it becomes available. Cosmetic things would be side rails and cross bars for the roof and maybe some interior accent lighting.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is there much aftermarket support already for the EC? I agree that a new intake would be a great mod, considering that will likely allow for you to hear the stock BOV.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm going with a very slight performance boost with a CAI, and an ECU tune to get more out of the turbo when it becomes available. Cosmetic things would be side rails and cross bars for the roof and maybe some interior accent lighting.
Careful tuning the thing. As I mentioned in a separate thread, the transmission has been known to not be able to handle even just a modular increase in torque.
This is the reason why Lancer owners don't have much of an option with modding theirs. The CVT will break.

Autozone might have basic parts for you to be able to put together a DIY intake. But I'd stop there.
Good luck even getting that turbo to sound like one. I don't even think this thing has a BOV. (Wastegate is integrated... but... it's so small and introduces such marginal boost I doubt it even needs one.)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sometimes just finding more efficient ways to channel air to the intake (yes even an OEM intake) can see improvement to performance. But it will take some creativity and patience.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gilbert speaks truth. This turbo wouldn't make anyone scream if it were used to blow air up a person's rear end.

That said, the myth that upgrading an intake will work wonders on a turbocharged car is a total myth. It's not always the case - especially if you don't consider all the other elements of your system causing bottlenecks.
And, as I've mentioned many times before - this car isn't worth the time nor money to mod, because you'll find that your transmission can't handle anything beyond a gnat's ass of incremental performance before it becomes unreliable.... and then you'll be out of warranty and be 100% liable for replacing that Jatco shitbox.

You want better performance out of the Cross, I highly suggest just focusing on the fact that it's got S-AWC. Not Evo-quality S-AWC but more WRX AWD.
So, beef up the suspension, get better tires and lighter wheels... and see if you can't find a solution for stiffening up rubber bushings.

You'll find that it's more rewarding taking the turns like a champ and turning heads in the process, when no one expects this from an SUV.

Not to mention, you'll actually enjoy driving the vehicle for something it can actually handle.
Because sadly, Mitsubishi **** on themselves by putting that Jatco in --- which renders this car unmodifiable on the power delivery front.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To add to what I mentioned above -

Several B-grade coilovers exist for the EC. If you don't care to track it (which I doubt anyone would), they should be fine at about US$900 a pop. I say B-grade because I'd never put them on a track car because... why the **** would you put eBay **** on a track car???!

Several swaybars are available as well. I'd STRONGLY invest in these, especially for the rear.

Whiteline has endlinks and bushings (and of course rear swaybars) for the Outlander. These will fit the EC, as the suspensions are pretty much the same.

And, as for suspension bushings - Energy Suspension also has em for the Outlander. Just search their website or the web. Get em all.

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts