Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you putting on your new Eclipse Cross to make it shine?

I just applied Meguiars Fast Finish, easy and quick to apply and looks shiny, time will tell how is beads etc. :nerd:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I haven't waxed. I'm worried about the warning in the user manual that you must not let any wax get over the various sensors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't waxed. I'm worried about the warning in the user manual that you must not let any wax get over the various sensors.

you aren't worried about your paint oxidizing and rusting? the paint may be the most expensive part of your car, other than maybe engine and transmission.

wax on the sensors is fine - just don't leave it CAKED on.

i use CarPro Hydr02 spray sealant - spray it on, hose it off. its hydrophobic - water beads and runs right off (like Rain X for your paint). then i dry it with my cordless leafblower - the water just flies right off. so easy and lasts a long time, too.

https://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-M53/HydrO2-Wipe-Less-Silica-Spray-Sealant-P901/100-ml-S1/

·
Registered
64 Posts
you aren't worried about your paint oxidizing and rusting?
Well, yes, I am concerned, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

My Eclipse Cross replaced a 17-year-old Toyota which had never been waxed. The Toyota had various cosmetic problems, but paint oxidising was not one of them. The paint still looked great!

But I see that the user manual for the Eclipse Cross is quite specific in advising regular waxing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts