Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there is experiencing issues with their roller door remote interfering with their vehicle remote and vice versa?

we have recenty purchased the new Eclipse Cross Exceed YB. We absolutely love it.

We also have a Merlin Silent Drive 650 Professional with Security+2.0 remote controlled motor for the roller door (the barrel type of door) and it’s definitely (without a doubt) interfering with the new car.

if I press the roller door remote first the car won’t open using the remote, and I have to use the car door button to open the car. If I press the car remote first it sends a signal to the roller door (tiny orange light flashes on the door motor) and the roller door partially opens or closes, sometimes it fully opens or closes.

If I press either the car remote and/or the roller door remote in fairly quick succession, the roller door motor keeps trying to open/close repeatedly, and doesn’t stop until I turn off the power to the roller door motor, disconnect the release cord (like when the power is out), reconnect the release cord, then before I turn the power back on, I have to take the car remote a long way away or inside the house. One the car remote is not close, then I can turn the power on, put up the door using the up/down buttons on the motor.

Now the orange light is off.and not flashing continuously, I can fetch my keys, reverse out, get out of the car, put the roller door down using the up/down buttons again on the motor and drive off. If I try to use the garage door remote again, the door can partially or fully open, and then I have to go through the process all over again.

it’s truly driving me nuts.

i called Merlin and was told that sometimes overseas manufactured vehicles use the same frequency that we use here in Australia for roller doors. If that’s the case, the roller door motor and car remote (potentially) could interfere with each other.

Wondering I’d anyone else has experienced the same problem and has successfully rectified it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, if I don’t turn off the power to the roller door motor, reset it using the pull-string release cord, the tiny orange light keeps flashing, and then my son can’t open the roller door with his roller door remote to get his Lancer VRX 2014 out of the garage (because by now the roller door isn’t responding to any roller door remotes, just the buttons on the motor). We have never had any troubles with the Lancer car remote interfering with the roller door, and we have had that car since new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts