Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are loving the EC so far but we have found that the standard halogen headlights, (LS Base model) are quite poor... We tend to do a bit of country driving and we found the stock bulbs are not bright enough and they do not throw the light far enough.

One of the first modifications I usually do on my cars is to change to higher output, performance globes however I can't seem to determine what the globe type is in our EC?

I have looked on PowerBulbs and the equivalent car in Ireland apparantly uses a HIR2 9012 globe. Surely the Australian variants use the same globe type? Can anyone confirm this before I buy a new set? (I'm not really looking to upgrade to LED lights at the moment - Just a better stock halogen)

Also, I wasn't 100% sure that the YA and YB variants used the same globe given the recent face-lift to the front end.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have the Exceed with LED's but the owners manual (page 10-22) lists HIR2 bulbs at 55W for the halogens as does the US owners manual so I would say they are universally the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are loving the EC so far but we have found that the standard halogen headlights, (LS Base model) are quite poor... We tend to do a bit of country driving and we found the stock bulbs are not bright enough and they do not throw the light far enough.

One of the first modifications I usually do on my cars is to change to higher output, performance globes however I can't seem to determine what the globe type is in our EC?

I have looked on PowerBulbs and the equivalent car in Ireland apparantly uses a HIR2 9012 globe. Surely the Australian variants use the same globe type? Can anyone confirm this before I buy a new set? (I'm not really looking to upgrade to LED lights at the moment - Just a better stock halogen)

Also, I wasn't 100% sure that the YA and YB variants used the same globe given the recent face-lift to the front end.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks everyone :)
Hi there, did you end up fitting the new LED lights?? I'm interested in doing the same mod and am interested if it was doable or not
I have the Exceed with LED's but the owners manual (page 10-22) lists HIR2 bulbs at 55W for the halogens as does the US owners manual so I would say they are universally the same.
Gidday, I was wondering if you have upgraded your lights yet as I'm interested in doing the same mod to my eclipse too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there, did you end up fitting the new LED lights?? I'm interested in doing the same mod and am interested if it was doable or not
Hey Andy,

Yep, we sure did! We opted to change the standard halogen globes to Philips HIR2 9012 White Vision Globes.

They are a decent improvement however it's still not as bright as we would like... Might look at going down the LED route or similar next time. We will be putting a light bar on the car for our country drives so hopefully that will be enough :)

The process of changing globes is a bit of a pain as you need to access the headlight from the wheel arch. There are instructions in the manual but you will need push pin pliers/u-shaped push pin remover. After you get the first one done, the second is much easier!

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Andy,

Yep, we sure did! We opted to change the standard halogen globes to Philips HIR2 9012 White Vision Globes.

They are a decent improvement however it's still not as bright as we would like... Might look at going down the LED route or similar next time. We will be putting a light bar on the car for our country drives so hopefully that will be enough :)

The process of changing globes is a bit of a pain as you need to access the headlight from the wheel arch. There are instructions in the manual but you will need push pin pliers/u-shaped push pin remover. After you get the first one done, the second is much easier!

Cheers
Thanks, I'm taking delivery of my new eclipse ls next week and was thinking of upgrading to led, I'll let you know how it works out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Andy,

Cheers
Did you have to take the front wheels off to do this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts